I have been craving a little chocolate sweetness lately and found these perfect ingredients lying around in my cupboard. I believe you can personalize any recipe to your own liking! In this case, I have added nuts and desiccated coconut for a bit more texture and flavor. Other possible toppings include dried fruits, dark chocolate chips, or some lemon and orange zests.
This recipe yields 8 servings and is ready to be served in 30 minutes!
Things you will need…
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Crushed Raw Pecans (or any other nuts you prefer!)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Sugar (omit if you prefer less sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkles of Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together until evenly distributed
- Put all the wet ingredients into a separate medium bowl and whisk together until mixture is well-incorporated and smooth
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and briefly mix together until all the flour has just disappeared
- Lightly grease muffin pan with olive oil and wipe away excess with paper towel, or use muffin liners
- Place 2 tbsp of the batter into each muffin hole (fills 8 holes)
- Sprinkle a pinch of desiccated coconut on top of each brownie mixture (optional)
- Bake the brownies for 13-15 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean with crumbs attached
- Let brownies cool a bit and then enjoy the goodness!
Please let me know your comments and suggestions about how these delicious brownies turned out, and what you did to personalize your own brownies!